Speed up your PC
Tidying up your PC every month or so is a really great idea to keep it in shape. We reccomend the use of a free utility called CCleaner by the great people over at Piriform. Just download the file (it's free of viruses etc. if downloaded from the official piriform site) and it will clean up all your old windows temporary files and much more:
From its name, you can guess that CCleaner is used to clean up your system. In fact, the first 'C' in CCleaner stands for the 'cr@p' that it can clean out. It has other uses too:
- Privacy: Delete passwords, Internet files, configuration files, and remove System Restore points from a shared PC.
- Security: Clean out files from a PC you're giving away or selling. You can also wipe free space so the remnants of any files you deleted previously will be erased forever.
- Speed: Speed up your computer by removing unneeded files. Speed up boot times by reducing the number of programs that start with Windows.
- Stability: Enable Windows to run more smoothly with a clean Registry.
- Space: Free up hard drive space by deleting unnecessary files.
Get it at http://www.piriform.com/download
Yes, we know that like many IT companies we could just charge you to come out to your office and do this for you, but that would hardly be fair, ethical or reasonable if you're able to do it yourself now would it.